Some home decorators think of wall decorations as a huge dilemma, but it is quite easy to decorate your walls in a unique and stylish way. Following are a few quick and easy ideas to decorate your walls with style and on a budget.
- When decorating your walls, never sprinkle things around just to fill empty space. You can draw an imaginary rectangle on the main focal wall that you want to decorate. Now fill that rectangle with a grouping of related art. You can use items such as plates, portraits, clocks, or even rugs. This will give your room a stronger and more attractive look.
- Consider hanging larger scale items to make your room look bigger. Instead of spending too much money on a large painting, you can hang a rug or a pretty quilt.
- You can create a dramatic wall hanging by using a large piece of plywood, some paint, and one inspirational word in large letters, such as ‘Dream’, ‘Faith’, or ‘Believe’. After creating a word, sketch on it in blocks with pencil and fill in with paint.
- Consider painting a backdrop ‘frame’ to set off a special portrait or a wall collection. Ensure to make the frame at least 4 – 6 inches larger than the art. After taping off with painters tape, fill in with a darker version of your wall color. You can paint a simple border and backdrop in neutral colors.
- If you have a whole collection of various sized frames and pictures, you can paint them all the same color to tie them together. Use black to give an elegant touch to any style décor, where as use of white color is mostly found in a contemporary design.
- Using stencils to add detail and design to your walls is quite easy, relative fast, and inexpensive. Select a simple design to add detail to your painted ‘frames’ around your wall art groupings, or to wrap around windows and doors.
- Lastly, consider eccentric items to use as wall art, such as hang an old wooden box as a curio cabinet, and a weathered piece of driftwood over a door way. Attach simple wooden blocks to the wall as candle holders or display shelves. You can even hang your kids’ christening dress as a memory art. All you need is to use your imagination.
Wall decoration is not a daunting thing; using these easy ideas will surely help you in decorating your walls. Here are more ways to decorate your walls with pictures,
More from my site
- Tips for Wall Decoration Wall decoration is a great idea to titivate any room as blank walls look quite simple and boring. Decorating walls becomes a tricky task when the walls are preoccupied by the whole gallery of your current themes and favorite designs. Whether you select color, art, or architecture to decorate your walls, the update will become a focal point for the room.
Here are some important tips to […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Easy Ways to Decorate a Wall for an Appealing Room A wall can be resembled to a blank canvas, on which you can use anything in order to make it an eye catching accent. Following are few easy ways to decorate a wall that will make the whole room look fantastic and appealing.
Create an accent wall with paint
Painting a wall in a bold color or an eye catching shade is a great way to decorate it. You can select fun colors such as […]
- How to Make Inexpensive Wall Decorations There is no doubt that bare walls in any room make it seem very cold, boring, and uninviting. However, most of the wall decorations are quite expensive. You can save money by making your own wall decorations. This will enable you to decorate your room beautifully and also will allow you to show off your personality and your choice.
In order to make your own wall decorations, you will […]
- Different Types of Wall Art and Décor Sometimes, shopping for wall art and décor becomes fairly difficult and challenging because of the numerous options to choose from. There is a wide variety of wall art that includes wall paint, mirrors, murals, paintings, wall sculpture art, wallpaper, appliqués, wall furniture, borders, and many others. All of them come in different genres, styles, art movements and materials, making […]
- Wall Clock Decoration Time is money and the persons who waste their time are looser in their life. Clock tells us the importance of time. Clock in home is very necessary its just work as the leader do. Clocks are of different sizes and shapes, depending upon its placement in the room. Home decoration is incomplete without the placement of the correct wall clock. There are myriad varieties with different […]
- Adding Wall Sconces to Your Home Décor Usually, lighting is of two different types. One is general lighting, which is the most common type of lighting that includes chandelier, ceiling lights, and other main sources of lighting. The other is ambient lighting, which is more of accent light that includes a table lamp or wall sconce.
Wall sconces come in several styles. They can be hard wired, or can have a cord that can be […]
- Home Art Decorating Ideas Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your […]
- Home Decoration Accessories Home decoration accessories play a significant role in making the interior decor more attractive and appealing. They also give a finishing look to the entire home décor. They not only complement the overall accent but also make the place look more stylish and attractive.
There are a number of home decoration accessories that are easily available in market. However, purchasing the […]
- Ideas for Decorating Wall Ledges Wall ledge decoration can be a useful way to enhance the architecture in any room. These ledges are likely to wane into the background if they do not accent with wall décor, pictures, or a decorative collection.
Having proper knowledge of decorating the wall ledge is not complicated if you use only some commonsense tips and also take the theme and colors of the room into […]