Decorative hair pins are fondly used by girls and ladies as hair accessory. They add detail as well as beauty to their hairstyles.
A number of different types of hair pins are easily available in the market, but they may also be pretty costly.
However, using basic craft supplies to create your own decorative hair pins at home is not only economical but also an interesting way to decorate your hair.
A few decorative hair pin craft ideas that are quite easy to make are as follows:
Pretty Pearl Hair Pins:
By using artificial pearls, you can create a unique hair pin for formal occasions. To create a pearl hair pin, you will need the following things:
1). Artificial pearls (can be bought economically at craft retailers)
2). A long bobby pin
3). A hot glue gun
Applying a dot of hot glue to one side of an artificial pearl, adhere the pearl on top of the rounded part of the bobby pin. Similarly, apply a dot of hot glue to another artificial pearl and stick on the pearl onto the top of the bobby pin next to the first. Keep on hot gluing the artificial pearls across the top of the pin until you get to the end.
Paper Hair Pins:
Paper hair pins let you to turn your favorite photographs and other colorful, patterned papers into stylish hair pins. You will need following things to make a paper hair pin:
1). A photo or patterned paper
2). A 1-inch hole punch
3). Mod Podge
4). A hot glue gun
5). A foam brush
6). A long bobby pin
Cut out that part of the photograph or paper you would like to add to the hair pin with the help of the hole punch. Using the foam brush, apply a thin coat of Mod Podge over the front of the paper and allow it to dry. After that, flip the paper over and apply a thin coat of Mod Podge across the back of the paper. Likewise, apply four coats of Mod Podge to both the front and back of the paper. However, let each coat to dry before applying the next. Once, all coats are dry, now you can apply a dot of hot glue to the back of the paper and adhere it onto the rounded part of the bobby pin. The Mod Podge is basically used to provide a protective coating on the paper to keep it from ripping or falling apart.
Felt Hair Pins:
You can create a variety of hair pins, including pins that are perfect for holidays, by using felt material. You will need following things to create felt pins:
1). A sheet of colored felt
2). A pen
4). A hot glue gun
5). A long bobby pin
First, you need to trace a shape onto the felt with the help of a pin. To make holiday hair pins, select a shape that reveals the holiday, for instance a clover for Saint Patrick’s Day or a pumpkin for Halloween. Using the scissors simply cut out the shape carefully. After applying a dot of hot glue to the back of the shape, attach it to the top of the rounded part of the bobby pin. In addition, add extra detail to the felt hair pins by gluing or sewing buttons onto the felt.
More from my site
- Decorative Hair Pins Craft Ideas Decorative hair pins are very popular among girls and women as they add detail, dazzle and a touch of their personality to their hairstyles. Although decorative hair pins are quite popular, they can also be very expensive. However, you can create your own decorative hair pins at home by using basic craft supplies.
Here are some decorative hair pins craft ideas to help you out.
- Unique Hair Accessories for Women A variety of hair accessories for women is available in the market. Different types of accessories give different look to a hairstyle. Some of the hair accessories are very simple to choose, while others are quite difficult to select the best hair accessory.
Here are some tips that will help you in understanding the best use of different hair accessories for different […]
- Bridal Hair Accessories On your wedding day, bridal hair accessories can be very helpful in lending a glam element to your hairstyle. Any simple hairstyle can be changed into a fantastic looking one by using the perfect bridal hair accessories. Here are some of the bridal hair accessories that can be used to deck up your hair in true fashion.
One of the most basics of hair accessories is hair clips. The […]
- Different Techniques to Make Decorative Beaded Items Beading Basics:
There are some basics of beaded items that should be kept in mind while making beaded items. They are discussed as under:
Knots, in making beaded items, are used to keep the beads safely put together to the finished item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. Some of the most common knot types are pearl knot, overhand knot, half-hitch knots, and macramé square knot.
- Decorating Christmas Wreaths During Christmas, it has been a tradition for hundreds of years to decorate homes with attractive décor, fun accessories, and colorful lights. One of these Christmas décor items that we never miss to include is Christmas wreaths. Any part of the home can be embellished with the beauty and elegance of Christmas wreaths. Moreover, this accessory helps us in preparing our homes for […]
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Types of Decorative Bird Feathers Basically, there are two kinds of feathers; real feathers and artificial feathers. Real feathers are collected after birds shed them, whereas artificial feathers manufactured to simulate the genuine item. Both these kinds of feathers are often used in jewelry, clothing, and home decorations.
Several different types of feathers are quite popular for decorative purposes. It is very […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]