Vases have been used for decorative purposes for thousands of years and are still popular today. There are many different types of vases ranging from famed Grecian urns to the modernistic, blown-glass art vases. Although vases are often seen as a container for flowers, they can also be used alone to decorate the space.
Here are few types of decorative vases that you may consider while decorating your home.
Glass vases are the most common type of vases. A number of flower vases are made of glass. They can either be clear, etched, or carved into crystal.
Glass vases are available in all shapes and sizes ranging from thin, single-stem bud vases to vases large enough to hold plenty of roses. Moreover, these vases can be of any color and sometimes have scalloped sides or fluted rims.
Ceramic and Pottery Vases:
Ceramic and pottery vases can also be used for holding flowers, however they are mostly used alone as decorative items. A variety of decorative effects in these types of vases are created by using different types of materials and glazes.
There are some pottery vases that have polished stones or chips of glass embedded in the clay in order to create a mosaic pattern. In addition, many artists usually do hand-painting on ceramic vases, and create elaborated scenes on them that look quite fascinating and appealing.
Generally, metal vases are used as decorative items rather than used for holding fresh-cut flowers. They are mostly made of copper or brass, however often other metals are also used to make different sizes and shapes of vases. They can be almost any shape and sometimes have obscure designs. A wide range of wall vases are metal.
Apart from the above mentioned vases, there are also other materials that are used to make decorative vases such as wood, bamboo, and even stone.
Almost every culture around the world has created different and distinctive vases. You just need to find the appropriate decorative vase that could complement rest of your interior decor.
More from my site
- Decorating Tips for Using Candles A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your […]
- How to Recycle Light Bulbs with Style It happens at times that you switch on the light and all of a sudden, the bulb is just burned out. Instead of throwing that bulb away, allow it “brighten” your space in an entirely new way. You can make it a perfect decorative item that will not only adorn your room but also it can be a good hobby.
Although light bulb recycling is becoming a popular hobby, however it is limited only […]
- Decorate Your Home with Wall Mirrors Wall mirrors are thought to be an excellent choice for home décor as they serve multi purposes. They decorate the place, help in widening and heightening space, intensify light, and also aid in masking wall defects.
Here are some important tips that will give you an idea on how
to decorate your home with wall mirrors.
A vacant wall niche is a wonderful way to show […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Home Art Decorating Ideas Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Different Techniques to Make Decorative Beaded Items Beading Basics:
There are some basics of beaded items that should be kept in mind while making beaded items. They are discussed as under:
Knots, in making beaded items, are used to keep the beads safely put together to the finished item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. Some of the most common knot types are pearl knot, overhand knot, half-hitch knots, and macramé square knot.
- Decorating Christmas Wreaths During Christmas, it has been a tradition for hundreds of years to decorate homes with attractive décor, fun accessories, and colorful lights. One of these Christmas décor items that we never miss to include is Christmas wreaths. Any part of the home can be embellished with the beauty and elegance of Christmas wreaths. Moreover, this accessory helps us in preparing our homes for […]
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]