Basically, there are two kinds of feathers; real feathers and artificial feathers. Real feathers are collected after birds shed them, whereas artificial feathers manufactured to simulate the genuine item. Both these kinds of feathers are often used in jewelry, clothing, and home decorations.
Several different types of feathers are quite popular for decorative purposes. It is very important to take special care to protect real feathers. One should handle them with great care, dusting them, and checking them for insect infestation on weekly basis.
The peacock feathers are one of the most popular decorative feathers that come from the colorful male of the peacock species. These feathers have large plumes, with their jewel hues of green, blue, and gold that feature an eye in the center. They are used for a number of purposes such as masks, jewelry, hat trim, crafts, and even on Christmas trees.
Often, peacock feathers are displayed by themselves in a large nice vase or with various branches or bamboo. Another use of peacock feathers is in large scale floral designs, with their tall plumes rising from the middle of a towering arrangement.
The pheasant feathers come in a wide range of colors. They feature flashing bands of color across the breadth of thin plumes. The maximum length of these feathers can be up to two feet. Sometimes, pheasant feathers are used in topiaries, standing by themselves in a vase, or as enunciation in floral arrangements. In Chinese operatic productions, they also have been used as head-dresses.
Another large and decorative feather comes from the ostrich. These feathers are about 10 inches long and are used in different types of decorations. They are fluffy and curving plumes that are very famous for appearing in Las Vegas productions. Back in history, pharaohs in ancient Egypt used ostrich feathers as fans, and Roman generals used them as headgear to show their ranks.
Nowadays, ostrich feathers are used in flower arrangements, bridal bouquets, and kids’ arts and crafts projects.
You can also use these decorative feathers on several of your special occasions in order to beautify your decorations and arrangements.
More from my site
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Fresh Flowers Decorating Ideas A colorful display of fresh flowers in your home, office, or wherever you want not only brings a smile to your face but also creates a feeling of warmth and appeal.
Today, many modern florists have deviated from the formalized, traditional flower bouquets and added a whole collection of flower-based things to their range. This also includes bucket-loads of fresh flower where you can […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Decorating Christmas Wreaths During Christmas, it has been a tradition for hundreds of years to decorate homes with attractive décor, fun accessories, and colorful lights. One of these Christmas décor items that we never miss to include is Christmas wreaths. Any part of the home can be embellished with the beauty and elegance of Christmas wreaths. Moreover, this accessory helps us in preparing our homes for […]
- Types of Ladies Watches Over the past few years, different types of ladies watches have become quite popular and in fashion. However, watches were not always so popular like other woman’s accessories such as jewelry. Before wearing watches and pendants for fashion in the wrists, women used to wear them around their necks. At that time, pocket watches and their accessories were popular.
However, with the […]
- Types of Decorative Birdbaths Before selecting a birdbath for any garden, it is imperative to know how many different types of birdbaths are available. Birdbaths come in many different designs, sizes, and decorative styles, which provide a wide range of choice for every birder’s garden.
Basic birdbath designs
A number of basic types of birdbaths are available in a wide range of styles. They are as […]
- Seasonal Home Decoration Every season has its own charm and beauty. Generally, there are four seasons namely winter, fall, spring, and summer. Decorating your home according to the season will make you feel more pleasant being at home. Seasonal decoration adds appeal to your home by giving it a fresh new look.
When the season changes, then it’s time to show your creativity and to bring up with new ideas. […]
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]
- Decorating Tips for Using Candles A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your […]
- Aquarium Decorating Tips A well decorated aquarium surely enhances the beauty of your drawing room, as aquariums not only look beautiful but also bring in life to your living place. It is quite elating to embellish the aquarium with bright colored fish breeds swimming amidst rocky caves and water plants.
There are two different types of aquariums:
1). Fresh water aquarium.
2). Salt water aquarium.