Jewelry making is a very handy and multipurpose craft. Whether you like jewelry that is fun and funky or you want to make your own creative pieces, following jewelry making projects are perfect to appeal to your tastes. Some of them are given below:
A number of people who are interested in jewelry making select beaded jewelry designs for their first projects. A variety of looks can be created by varying the size and color of beads used in the project. This variation will give you great results in the form of beautiful jewelry.
By using crochet method, you can make jewelry that is generally made by crochet stitches and simple beading techniques.
Polymer clay jewelry:
Polymer clay is a versatile material that allows you to create jewelry designs that mimic the look of turquoise and other semi-precious stones for a little bit of the cost.
This type of jewelry is made when clear or colored resin is poured into a mold. Resin jewelry designs sometimes include pressed flowers into the final piece.
If you like scrap-booking or photography, then consider trying to create jewelry that include family photos and other memorabilia. These projects are fun to create and make magnificent mementos.
Once you have decided on the style of jewelry that appeals to you, then you will need to decide the type of project you want to complete. Common projects include:
The type of jewelry making supplies basically depends on the type of project you wish to complete. But if you really serious about make jewelry, you will need to invest in a few basic tools. For instance:
Pliers are one of the jewelry making essentials. Moreover, to a fine pair of standard needle-nose pliers, you will need flat-nose pliers, long-nose pliers, round-nose pliers, bent-nose pliers, and side cutters.
You will also need many different sizes of tweezers to accommodate various types of beads, charms, and embellishments.
A bead board is mostly used for necklace design. It makes quite easy to create a visually pleasing pattern for your projects.
When planning your projects, having a ruler with millimeter measurements will help you in being more precise.
A good pair of sharp scissors will not only help you in cutting beading thread but also small pieces of paper, plastic, or laminate.
More from my site
- Different Techniques to Make Decorative Beaded Items Beading Basics:
There are some basics of beaded items that should be kept in mind while making beaded items. They are discussed as under:
Knots, in making beaded items, are used to keep the beads safely put together to the finished item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. Some of the most common knot types are pearl knot, overhand knot, half-hitch knots, and macramé square knot.
- Types of Decorative Bird Feathers Basically, there are two kinds of feathers; real feathers and artificial feathers. Real feathers are collected after birds shed them, whereas artificial feathers manufactured to simulate the genuine item. Both these kinds of feathers are often used in jewelry, clothing, and home decorations.
Several different types of feathers are quite popular for decorative purposes. It is very […]
- Unique Hair Accessories for Women A variety of hair accessories for women is available in the market. Different types of accessories give different look to a hairstyle. Some of the hair accessories are very simple to choose, while others are quite difficult to select the best hair accessory.
Here are some tips that will help you in understanding the best use of different hair accessories for different […]
- Unique Ideas for Decorative Hair Pins Crafts Decorative hair pins are fondly used by girls and ladies as hair accessory. They add detail as well as beauty to their hairstyles.
A number of different types of hair pins are easily available in the market, but they may also be pretty costly.
However, using basic craft supplies to create your own decorative hair pins at home is not only economical but also an interesting way to […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Decorative Hair Pins Craft Ideas Decorative hair pins are very popular among girls and women as they add detail, dazzle and a touch of their personality to their hairstyles. Although decorative hair pins are quite popular, they can also be very expensive. However, you can create your own decorative hair pins at home by using basic craft supplies.
Here are some decorative hair pins craft ideas to help you out.
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Decorative Plates Everyone wants to make their home the most relaxing and peaceful place. Everyone try to make it the best place of the world by keeping it neat and clean and decorative. People want to décor their home accordance with their taste but everyone can’t afford the interior designer or decorative items to make their house charming and beautiful. If you are creative and having esthetic sense […]
- Garden Decoration Ideas Garden is an important part of a home as it provides a place where we can spend some time with the family and friends. Therefore, it is important to give some time designing this special place in a beautiful and attractive way.
Your little attention and a few garden decorations can even liven up an off-season flowerbed. Selecting stone statuary, wrought iron accents, or interesting […]