It happens at times that you switch on the light and all of a sudden, the bulb is just burned out. Instead of throwing that bulb away, allow it “brighten” your space in an entirely new way. You can make it a perfect decorative item that will not only adorn your room but also it can be a good hobby.
Although light bulb recycling is becoming a popular hobby, however it is limited only by your own creativity. You just need to be creative and imaginative to turn your old, burned out bulb into an attractive decoration piece.
Here is the light bulb recycling project to give you an idea.
Faux Birdhouse Bulb:
Faux birdhouse bulb can be made by recycling a light bulb. For this, you will need:
1). Burned out light bulb
2). Acrylic paints in hunter green, white, dusty rose, and blueberry
3). Small sections of raffia
4). Emaciated pieces of grapevine
5). Flat primer spray paint for the base coat
6). Acrylic sealer spray
7). Florist’s wire
In order to make the birdhouse recycled bulb, draw the design on the bulb with the help of a pencil. Now use a primer spray on it as it will aid in better adhere of the craft paints. Allow the spray to dry, and paint on a design by using various acrylic colors. After that, spray on a sealer and add some “camouflage” to the metal part of the bulb. You’re done. You can use this bulb as an ornament in your room.
This is just an example of creating unique decorative items with an ordinary light bulb. The possibilities are almost endless with this project. You can paint it, decoupage it, sponge or texture it. You can even use them to create Christmas or Halloween decorations. It all depends on you and your sense of creativity.
It is not recommended to use a decorated light bulb in a light fixture as the paints available in the market often have high temperature. They should be avoided because using them in a light fixture can deform the decorative design. It may result in bubble formation or worst of all it could catch on fire. Therefore, use these painted light bulbs only as decoration pieces.
More from my site
- Types of Decorative Vases Vases have been used for decorative purposes for thousands of years and are still popular today. There are many different types of vases ranging from famed Grecian urns to the modernistic, blown-glass art vases. Although vases are often seen as a container for flowers, they can also be used alone to decorate the space.
Here are few types of decorative vases that you may consider while […]
- Decorating Christmas Wreaths During Christmas, it has been a tradition for hundreds of years to decorate homes with attractive décor, fun accessories, and colorful lights. One of these Christmas décor items that we never miss to include is Christmas wreaths. Any part of the home can be embellished with the beauty and elegance of Christmas wreaths. Moreover, this accessory helps us in preparing our homes for […]
- Decorate Your Home with Wall Mirrors Wall mirrors are thought to be an excellent choice for home décor as they serve multi purposes. They decorate the place, help in widening and heightening space, intensify light, and also aid in masking wall defects.
Here are some important tips that will give you an idea on how
to decorate your home with wall mirrors.
A vacant wall niche is a wonderful way to show […]
- Decorating Tips for Using Candles A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your […]
- Frosted Fruit Recipe as Table Centerpiece Easy centerpiece ideas are often the best ones. One great idea is to use frosted fruit, arranged on a nice dish or place, as the centerpiece for your table. Certainly, the fruit can be eaten and also give your table a nice and appealing look.
Here is an easy frosted fruit recipe that will not only delicious but also look beautiful and attractive. This frosted fruit recipe can be used […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- How to Make Decorative Ceramic Fountain Ceramic fountain is the perfect item for decorating your garden or lawn. They not only look beautiful among different kinds of plants but also provide you a fresh and cool environment.
Although there are numerous types of ceramic fountains are available, however, they could be quite expensive. By using your creativity, you can make your own decorative ceramic fountain to adorn your […]
- Different Techniques to Make Decorative Beaded Items Beading Basics:
There are some basics of beaded items that should be kept in mind while making beaded items. They are discussed as under:
Knots, in making beaded items, are used to keep the beads safely put together to the finished item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. Some of the most common knot types are pearl knot, overhand knot, half-hitch knots, and macramé square knot.
- Home Art Decorating Ideas Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your […]