There are some basics of beaded items that should be kept in mind while making beaded items. They are discussed as under:
Knots, in making beaded items, are used to keep the beads safely put together to the finished item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. Some of the most common knot types are pearl knot, overhand knot, half-hitch knots, and macramé square knot.
Albeit knots are quite useful, however, they do not give the nice look for the finished project. Therefore, bead tips are used in order to hide knots at the end of the item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. These bead tips look like tiny baskets with hooked handles that work great to conceal the knots. However, for a multi-strand project, you can use cones at the end that work best for making the knots appear more professional.
When making a piece of items that features a clasp or toggle, it is important to master the art of crimping. Although this is one of the easiest beading techniques, however, you will need to ensure that you have a good pair of crimping pliers in your collection of beading tools.
Simple Beading Techniques:
There are different beading techniques that are used to make decorative beaded items. Some of them include:
This stitch is one of the most versatile beading techniques that can be used to make dangling items such as earrings and beaded fringe. This stitch is also used in making wall hangings, wallets, purses, key-chains, table mats, and various other decorative items.
This stitch has a number of variations, which includes flat, even, odd-count, zipping up, and joining flat peyote. All of these peyote stitch variations are used to make different kinds of beaded decorative items.
Twill stitch is mostly used to make items such as chokers, belts, anklets, and bracelets. All you need is to be master of this stitch so that you can create almost any design you can imagine. This stitch can also be used to make beaded wall hangings or various other home décor projects.
The daisy chain is commonly used in order to create a row of beads that looks like a chain of flowers. To create a more elaborated effect, a larger bead is often used in the center of the stitch. This daisy chain is mostly used in making decorative items such as table mats and wall hangings.
Using these beading techniques, you can easily make beaded decorative items at your home to make your space attractive and beautiful.
More from my site
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Halloween Decorating Tips and Ideas Halloween demands creativity, and this occasion is surely a time to be creative. A spooky atmosphere can easily be created by making or buying decorations for your next party or to frighten trick-or-treaters at your door. You can also use recycled or reused items around the house or supplies bought from fabric and craft stores to make different decorative things for Halloween.
- Ideas for Decorating Baby Room Decorating a baby’s room is an enjoyable process, especially for the expectant parents. There are numerous ways to decorate a baby room. Themes such as Mickey the mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Popeye the sailor, Bugs Bunny, Heckle and Jeckle, Tom and Jerry, and Donald Duck are most commonly used in decorating kid’s room. Some of the most popular ideas for decorating a baby room are as […]
- Kitchen Decoration Styles Once you have decided to renovate and redecorate your old and boring kitchen, the first thing you need to decide is the design of kitchen decoration style you want. No doubt, a number of choices are available to select from, but this also makes it quite difficult for you to select the appropriate one.
However, knowing a few things about the kitchen will enable you to choose the right […]
- Home Decoration Accessories Home decoration accessories play a significant role in making the interior decor more attractive and appealing. They also give a finishing look to the entire home décor. They not only complement the overall accent but also make the place look more stylish and attractive.
There are a number of home decoration accessories that are easily available in market. However, purchasing the […]
- Easy Wall Decoration Ideas Some home decorators think of wall decorations as a huge dilemma, but it is quite easy to decorate your walls in a unique and stylish way. Following are a few quick and easy ideas to decorate your walls with style and on a budget.
1. When decorating your walls, never sprinkle things around just to fill empty space. You can draw an imaginary rectangle on the main focal wall that you […]
- Home Decorating Tips A number of things need to be taken into consideration while decorating your home. The process of decorating the interior of your home can be an overwhelming process. Besides costs, furniture, decoration pieces, it is also important to select appropriate color schemes, decorating themes and styles, and have a proper plan for where to place all the things.
Home decoration ideas can […]
- Tips for Home Decoration Although the brand new decorative items, including furniture, is quite expensive to buy, however any home can be decorated stylishly and beautifully by using some creativity and for a much lower price. Here are some useful tips that may help you in decorating your home.
Start with the walls:
There is no doubt that a fresh new color of paint on your walls gives any room a whole new […]
- Ways to Arrange Room Accessories Room accessories play an important role in decorating the space and in giving the final look to the room. However, arranging room accessories can be either fun or frustrating.
Although it is impossible to change the basic structure of the room such as placements of the door and windows, however you can place room accessories in such a way that best complement the overall look of the […]