There are some basics of beaded items that should be kept in mind while making beaded items. They are discussed as under:
Knots, in making beaded items, are used to keep the beads safely put together to the finished item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. Some of the most common knot types are pearl knot, overhand knot, half-hitch knots, and macramé square knot.
Albeit knots are quite useful, however, they do not give the nice look for the finished project. Therefore, bead tips are used in order to hide knots at the end of the item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. These bead tips look like tiny baskets with hooked handles that work great to conceal the knots. However, for a multi-strand project, you can use cones at the end that work best for making the knots appear more professional.
When making a piece of items that features a clasp or toggle, it is important to master the art of crimping. Although this is one of the easiest beading techniques, however, you will need to ensure that you have a good pair of crimping pliers in your collection of beading tools.
Simple Beading Techniques:
There are different beading techniques that are used to make decorative beaded items. Some of them include:
This stitch is one of the most versatile beading techniques that can be used to make dangling items such as earrings and beaded fringe. This stitch is also used in making wall hangings, wallets, purses, key-chains, table mats, and various other decorative items.
This stitch has a number of variations, which includes flat, even, odd-count, zipping up, and joining flat peyote. All of these peyote stitch variations are used to make different kinds of beaded decorative items.
Twill stitch is mostly used to make items such as chokers, belts, anklets, and bracelets. All you need is to be master of this stitch so that you can create almost any design you can imagine. This stitch can also be used to make beaded wall hangings or various other home décor projects.
The daisy chain is commonly used in order to create a row of beads that looks like a chain of flowers. To create a more elaborated effect, a larger bead is often used in the center of the stitch. This daisy chain is mostly used in making decorative items such as table mats and wall hangings.
Using these beading techniques, you can easily make beaded decorative items at your home to make your space attractive and beautiful.
More from my site
- Home Art Decorating Ideas Artwork is an ideal way for decoration, but decorating your home with original artwork can be very expensive. Moreover, it is quite frustrating to spend your time searching for decorating items that reflects your tastes and interests. However, you can create your own homemade accent pieces with a little creativity and a few home art tips that can make your ordinary items around your […]
- Types of Decorative Vases Vases have been used for decorative purposes for thousands of years and are still popular today. There are many different types of vases ranging from famed Grecian urns to the modernistic, blown-glass art vases. Although vases are often seen as a container for flowers, they can also be used alone to decorate the space.
Here are few types of decorative vases that you may consider while […]
- Decorating Tips for Using Candles A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your […]
- Decorate Your Home with Wall Mirrors Wall mirrors are thought to be an excellent choice for home décor as they serve multi purposes. They decorate the place, help in widening and heightening space, intensify light, and also aid in masking wall defects.
Here are some important tips that will give you an idea on how
to decorate your home with wall mirrors.
A vacant wall niche is a wonderful way to show […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Decorating Christmas Wreaths During Christmas, it has been a tradition for hundreds of years to decorate homes with attractive décor, fun accessories, and colorful lights. One of these Christmas décor items that we never miss to include is Christmas wreaths. Any part of the home can be embellished with the beauty and elegance of Christmas wreaths. Moreover, this accessory helps us in preparing our homes for […]
- How to Recycle Light Bulbs with Style It happens at times that you switch on the light and all of a sudden, the bulb is just burned out. Instead of throwing that bulb away, allow it “brighten” your space in an entirely new way. You can make it a perfect decorative item that will not only adorn your room but also it can be a good hobby.
Although light bulb recycling is becoming a popular hobby, however it is limited only […]
- How to Make Decorative Ceramic Fountain Ceramic fountain is the perfect item for decorating your garden or lawn. They not only look beautiful among different kinds of plants but also provide you a fresh and cool environment.
Although there are numerous types of ceramic fountains are available, however, they could be quite expensive. By using your creativity, you can make your own decorative ceramic fountain to adorn your […]
- Frosted Fruit Recipe as Table Centerpiece Easy centerpiece ideas are often the best ones. One great idea is to use frosted fruit, arranged on a nice dish or place, as the centerpiece for your table. Certainly, the fruit can be eaten and also give your table a nice and appealing look.
Here is an easy frosted fruit recipe that will not only delicious but also look beautiful and attractive. This frosted fruit recipe can be used […]