A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your counter. Also, adding a single bud vase with a fresh cut flower will give you a fresh clean look.
2). If there is enough space on your bathtub, you can decorate the front ledges of your bathtub with tall and short pillar candle holders that have white pillar candles on them.
3). If you do not have enough space, you can place votive holders with votives or tea lights in them around your tub.
Bedrooms are a place for tranquil; therefore, adding candles can help in creating a more relaxing mood.
1). A pillar candle can be an ideal accent for your dresser.
2). You can place decorative candle holders on your nightstand away from your bed.
3). Lavender helps in relaxing therefore you can place a lavender scented soy candle in your votive holder.
4). Lighting a lavender scented soy candle 30 minutes before going to sleep will fill your bedroom with the lavender scent.
5). Ensure you extinguish the candle before to going to sleep.
Living rooms are the center of gathering for family and friends. You can add color, accent, and romance all at the same time to your living room by adding natural wax candles. Group several pillar candles together using different sizes in diameter and heights to add contrast to your living room.
One idea is to decorate your living room by placing bird cages in the corner of the room and place a few candles in each of them. Another idea is to place the group of candles on a large plate ensuring that each of them have at least one inch between candles if you are going to light them. Try to find colors that complement the color of your walls or throw pillows on your couch.
Although a candle light dinner is simply romantic, however decorating your dining table with taper candles creates a graceful aurora.
1). Use unscented taper candles in order to avoid distracting from the fragrance of your dinner.
2). Make a focal point of the table by placing your taper candles in the center, and place decorative things around the base of your taper candle holder.
3). Using candelabra will create a dramatic effect.
Decorating fireplace mantels with candles is fun. Add a dramatic visual effect by grouping both taper and pillar candles of various heights and diameters together. In addition, you can change the colors to match the season.
Decorating with candles is not only simple but also inexpensive accessory to any home décor. While decorating with candles, keep in mind to always place pillar candles on a heat resistant surface to protect your counters and furniture.
More from my site
- Types of Decorative Vases Vases have been used for decorative purposes for thousands of years and are still popular today. There are many different types of vases ranging from famed Grecian urns to the modernistic, blown-glass art vases. Although vases are often seen as a container for flowers, they can also be used alone to decorate the space.
Here are few types of decorative vases that you may consider while […]
- Frosted Fruit Recipe as Table Centerpiece Easy centerpiece ideas are often the best ones. One great idea is to use frosted fruit, arranged on a nice dish or place, as the centerpiece for your table. Certainly, the fruit can be eaten and also give your table a nice and appealing look.
Here is an easy frosted fruit recipe that will not only delicious but also look beautiful and attractive. This frosted fruit recipe can be used […]
- Wrought Iron Wall Décor Ideas Adding wrought iron wall décor to your home can make it more beautiful and eye-catching. You can either hang one decorative wrought iron wall piece or display different pieces to add more interest.
Many different types of wrought iron wall hangings are available which give you a wide range of choice to select from and to decorate your home with style.
You can select from metal […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- How to Recycle Light Bulbs with Style It happens at times that you switch on the light and all of a sudden, the bulb is just burned out. Instead of throwing that bulb away, allow it “brighten” your space in an entirely new way. You can make it a perfect decorative item that will not only adorn your room but also it can be a good hobby.
Although light bulb recycling is becoming a popular hobby, however it is limited only […]
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]
- Different Techniques to Make Decorative Beaded Items Beading Basics:
There are some basics of beaded items that should be kept in mind while making beaded items. They are discussed as under:
Knots, in making beaded items, are used to keep the beads safely put together to the finished item, key-ring, bracelet or necklace. Some of the most common knot types are pearl knot, overhand knot, half-hitch knots, and macramé square knot.
- Kitchen Décor Tips
Kitchen is one of the most essential parts of the home. A well decorated kitchen is not only an enjoyable place to work in but also a fun place for the whole family. You can easily decorate your kitchen and change it into a place having full of colors and life.
Here are some of the most important kitchen décor tips:
Bring in more colors:
Various decoration items can add color to […]
- How to Select Appropriate Table Lamps A table lamp has its own attraction and charm which not only enhance the beauty of your indoor décor but also outdoor arrangements.
There are many different types and shapes of lamps available in the market but the trick is to purchase the one that best fits your place and budget. For this, you need to keep following things in your mind before buying a lamp.
The most […]
- Fresh Flowers Decorating Ideas A colorful display of fresh flowers in your home, office, or wherever you want not only brings a smile to your face but also creates a feeling of warmth and appeal.
Today, many modern florists have deviated from the formalized, traditional flower bouquets and added a whole collection of flower-based things to their range. This also includes bucket-loads of fresh flower where you can […]