A well decorated aquarium surely enhances the beauty of your drawing room, as aquariums not only look beautiful but also bring in life to your living place. It is quite elating to embellish the aquarium with bright colored fish breeds swimming amidst rocky caves and water plants.
There are two different types of aquariums:
1). Fresh water aquarium.
2). Salt water aquarium.
Both these types of aquariums can be excellently decorated by creating an artificial underwater biotope life.
Here are some useful tips to decorate an aquarium.
Fresh Water Aquarium Decorating Tips:
1). Decorate the aquarium with pieces or objects that resemble the ancient Roman Parthenon, replicas of sunken ship or boats, a treasure or a chest box, bridges and deep sea divers. The diver, at the same time, can be used to play the role of a bubble creator in the aquarium.
2). Use drift woods to decorate the aquarium. It is advisable not to use any type of wood piece in the aquarium as it can be harmful for the fish. Purchase a piece of drift wood from a well reputed local aquarium shop, and before using it in the aquarium, test its harmful effects on fish by keeping it in a quarantine tank.
3). Use rocks for decorating an aquarium. Rocks are not only used as aquarium decoration but also provide fish an ideal space for hiding. If you want to buy the African breeds of Cichlids then use the Texas Holey rocks that have limestone as one of its constituents.
4). Live plants are the perfect choice for the aquariums as they not only look beautiful but also serve various functions such as promoting oxygenation, removing the nitrates, providing shelter and ideal spawning places.
5). Artificial plants can also be used as an alternative of live plants. The good thing about artificial plants is that they can be easily cleaned.
Salt Water Aquarium Decorating Tips:
1). Decorate the aquarium by using corals, but remember to clean them regularly. You can keep both the dead and the fake corals in the aquarium. However, the live corals are surely the best ones but they need a lot of care and are not for the beginners. A complete knowledge about the adequate lighting, water, and feeding is necessary to keep the live corals.
2). Live rocks can also be used to decorate the aquarium. One of the good things about using live rocks is that they can be easily shaped into any form by using aquarium silicon sealant.
3). Create an exotic background of the real live salt water biotope to decorate the aquarium and to give it a more natural look.
These few tips will aid you in decorating your aquarium in a way that will not only change the overall look of your aquarium and your drawing room, but also will surely be appreciated by your guests.
More from my site
- Fresh Flowers Decorating Ideas A colorful display of fresh flowers in your home, office, or wherever you want not only brings a smile to your face but also creates a feeling of warmth and appeal.
Today, many modern florists have deviated from the formalized, traditional flower bouquets and added a whole collection of flower-based things to their range. This also includes bucket-loads of fresh flower where you can […]
- Ideas for Decorating Flowers Flowers play an important role in our lives. Whether it is a happy occasion or a sad one, flowers are used to address all types of occasions. They are gifted to near and dear ones when unwell, used at funerals, and are also presented to family and friends on happy occasions like birthdays and weddings.
Flowers are the excellent source of bringing a lot of colors and life to any place. […]
- Unique Bookshelf Decoration Ideas Decorating bookshelf is an easy way to decorate your room. It is quite interesting to add style to your room by turning your bookshelf into a unique and creative display.
Following are some of the unique bookshelf decoration ideas that you can use in order to decorate your room in a unique way.
Keep like objects together:
Arranging books and home décor to be near other objects of […]
- Decorating Tips for Using Candles A few simple but interesting ideas of decorating your home using candles are as follows:
Create a spa:
Soaking in a hot tub of water helps in erasing the stress of the whole day. You can create your own simple, yet elegant spa looking bathroom by using following ideas:
1). Place a small, soy pillar candle on a candle plate that best harmonizes the color of the bathroom on your […]
- Types of Decorative Bird Feathers Basically, there are two kinds of feathers; real feathers and artificial feathers. Real feathers are collected after birds shed them, whereas artificial feathers manufactured to simulate the genuine item. Both these kinds of feathers are often used in jewelry, clothing, and home decorations.
Several different types of feathers are quite popular for decorative purposes. It is very […]
- Ideas for Decorating Bookshelf Any room can be enlivened with a bookshelf makeover. You can turn your ordinary bookshelf into a creative display that not only adds artistic style but also transforms your furniture beyond functional. Besides providing a home for your favorite literature and home décor, a great way to personalize your bookshelf is to display family photos.
Here are a collection of great bookshelf […]
- Frosted Fruit Recipe as Table Centerpiece Easy centerpiece ideas are often the best ones. One great idea is to use frosted fruit, arranged on a nice dish or place, as the centerpiece for your table. Certainly, the fruit can be eaten and also give your table a nice and appealing look.
Here is an easy frosted fruit recipe that will not only delicious but also look beautiful and attractive. This frosted fruit recipe can be used […]
- Halloween Decorating Tips and Ideas Halloween demands creativity, and this occasion is surely a time to be creative. A spooky atmosphere can easily be created by making or buying decorations for your next party or to frighten trick-or-treaters at your door. You can also use recycled or reused items around the house or supplies bought from fabric and craft stores to make different decorative things for Halloween.
- Bridal Hair Accessories On your wedding day, bridal hair accessories can be very helpful in lending a glam element to your hairstyle. Any simple hairstyle can be changed into a fantastic looking one by using the perfect bridal hair accessories. Here are some of the bridal hair accessories that can be used to deck up your hair in true fashion.
One of the most basics of hair accessories is hair clips. The […]
- Using Colors To Decorate A Room Colors play the most important role in decorating any room. They give life and personality to the room, and help the room to stand out.
Here are some tips that should be remembered when deciding over colors:
1). When using many colors in one single room, ensure to use a color at least three times in the same room. Different shades and tints of that color can also be used. For […]